Tuesday 18 October 2016

French New Wave Editing Brief Amendments


For my French New Wave filming project, I have intentions on limiting my editing to minimal; simply using jump-cuts as an alternative to 'smoother transitions' to adhere to the standards set about by the French New Wave movement. Godard was widely recognised for his extensive use of jump-cuts; particularly in the movie 'Breathless'. A compilation of jump-cuts in use within the film 'Breathless', are displayed throughout the embedded video above...

Repeated footage is also on the cards as a mechanism to emphasise an aspect of my film's significance.

Fluid panning and tracking shots were a signature trait of the legendary French New Wave cinematographer: Henri Decaë.  I could incorporate Henri Decaë's filming techniques in my own French New Wave project; adopting and adapting them to explore my own filming style.

No comments:

Post a Comment