Thursday 23 March 2017

Promotional Video Plan

For my promotional video for King Edward VI College, my intentions are to run with a day in the life of the average student-esque theme. My video will primarily follow a protagonist(s); who will be deployed as sort of a presenter, around the college campus, visiting various classrooms and displaying the type of learning environment that students are presented to study in, initiating short interviews with students and commanding staff of the King Edward VI College hierarchy about their thoughts on their college experience, establishing brand identity by walking around key monuments around the educational institution, etc.
My plan is to open with this protagonist(s) walking into the college through the main entrance; displaying the college sign located just outside the college's reception. Just as the protagonist(s) are about to enter the college building, the video will fade to black with an image of the King Edward VI College logo being revealed. I have chosen to implement this feature to create instant brand identity from the beginning of the promotional video, a feature which has been ever-present in Apple's promotional videos over the years. I believe that this creating brand identity from the beginning is important as it immediately informs the audience on who's video this belongs to, I also believe it is better to create brand identity in this order as the audience may lose interest if it is not established quick enough.
Next the protagonist(s) will proceed to lead the video towards an active classroom, depicting students  hard at work on computers in their lessons, and again in a lesson where a teacher is actively teaching their students. I intend on showing students working on Macs from the Media Studies section of the college as I believe that this is the fanciest area of the college, and thus will illustrate the college in the most positive light. I also hope to get footage of a science teacher; preferably Chemistry, giving a demonstration to a surrounding crowd of their pupils. I think this is a good feature to incorporate into my promotional video as it flaunts a more enjoyable side of the college life, whilst simultaneously flashing diversity in subjects.
Between these two scenes, I plan on implement short interviews with students and key staff around the college to fill space. I have chosen to incorporate this technique into my promotional video as it broadcasts individual's honest opinion on the college. This is especially valuable as it allows current students to communicate on their own evaluation on their college experience, whilst interviews with staff gives a more informative vibe, more advantageous for parents, especially those whom may be skeptic about sending their children to attend the college.
In terms of music score, I will have to abide by Copyright, Design and Patents Act of 1988. This will require to either get presentable permission from the artists themselves, or for me to find copyright-free music to produce this promotional video without the fear of legal prosecution.
This is the plan I have drawn up thus far, however, it is subject to change during the filming process, depending on what I may interpret to work better.
In total, I intend on the duration of my promotional video for King Edward VI College to last roughly 3-4 minutes. I believe this is sufficient time to detail the benefits of this college, without dragging the production too long to the point where the audience's attention begins to shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment