Wednesday 17 May 2017

Film Studies Production Evaluation

Now that I have completed Unit 11- Film Studies; looking back I believe that there were three areas that I should have worked on to improve the quality of my work for this unit.
One aspect I should have conducted differently is perhaps working as part of a team of three/four members. However, I decided to work on my production individually as this ensured I would have full creative control. The drawback of this method was that I had to handle the whole workload by myself. This slowed down the process of filming, editing, planning, etc. If I was given re-do this task, I would draft myself into a group, working on the editing aspect of the production as this is where I believe I was strongest.
Another aspect that would be conducted differently is spending more time on my production. Starting on my production late hindered the amount of time I was able to spend on it, and isolating myself by working individually did not help to rectify this shortcoming. The production feels a bit rushed because I was unable to spend as much time on it as I would have hoped.
The last aspect I would improve if given the chance to re-do this assignment is focusing on one  psychoanalysis theory to apply to my film production instead of trying to apply all three. Next time I would focus on Mulvey's 'Male Gaze' theory as I feel I had a better understanding of this theory than the Freudian and Lacanian Psychoanalysis Theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment