Wednesday 24 May 2017

Client Requirements & Specified Audiences

For my King Edward VI College promotional video, I was required to produce a film that realises client requirements in relation to pre-specified audiences. My target audience for this production was students in the local area wishing to further their education past GCSEs, and their parents/guardians.
In lease with the client, I was given had brief meetings, I took notes on the type of production they were looking for and I was given post-production feedback. An screenshot of the written feedback in correlation to the production can be found below:



To cater the promotional video to its target audience, I deliberately encoded various techniques. One of these was using a hip-hop soundtrack for non-diegetic sound, this is also the first thing the audience will take note on. The production was created in this way because I believe that it automatically, subconsciously soothes the audience by exposing them to sounds adolescent teenagers are familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment