Monday 19 June 2017

Research Methods for Music Video

For my music video, I will be required to research into the UK drill/trap music scene. One research method that can be implemented to improve the quality of my final production is the use of surveys. A survey allows for me to quickly gather data from the research audience from questions I have personally generated. If I choose to opt for this research method, I would perform a closed-question survey; which would allow me to interpret the data generating information at a more efficient rate, however this will limit the detail in the responses I receive as the research audience will only be able to reply with answers I have included. This can restrict the accuracy and reliability of the survey because the research audience can only select the answer that best matches their own; if they disagree with all the answers, this may become an issue.
Alternatively I may choose to run a focus group as my research method. The advantages running a focus group would present for me include being able to physically ask and adapt the questions I ask the research audience rather than pre-made questions that may lose relevance. However a problem for focus groups is they can prove to be very time consuming as I will have to organise a schedule that all members of the focus group can adhere to.
Whichever of these two research methods I decide to side with, I feel it is important for me to assimilate members for the research audience that are passionate and well-educated in the UK drill/trap genre as I feel this will yield better results because they will be more confident in picking out the conventions and techniques that have become prominent in the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment